Home Property in Romania
How to buy a house in Romania?
Here you will find the detailed information about real estate purchasing in Romania:
- the right way to choose the property and to effect the deal;
- property taxes and duties that should be paid;
- everything about home loans in Romania;
- home property management and renting;
- rental, commercial properties and related investment properties.
Real estate for sale
Most recent offers from house owners in Romania and from real estate agencies. Advertisements with the fixed price and auctions are listed here.
You can leave a comment and give advice to other visitors planning to buy a home in Romania.
Prices for real estate in Romania were still falling in 2013. The average apartment price across Romania is €934 per sq. m. The cost per square meter in the capital is around €1096.
Apartments built before 1990 can be purchased for €1030, while apartment in a newly-built house is worth around €1200. Speaking of property in other regions, the city of Constanta offers €868 per sq. m., while the average price in Ploiesti is €800 per sq. m.
The process of real estate acquisition in Romania is quite simple:
1. Property selection.
2. Signing a preliminary agreement. Signing this agreement is not mandatory in Romania. It is preferable, only if seller intends to carry out object examination. In such case, the following information should be specified: object characteristics, legal obligations of both parties, and current owner’s clean title. All the arrangements may take up to one month.
3. Notary fee payment – 3–7 % of property value.
4. Signing a sale and purchase agreement and paying the transaction amount.
5. Property registration. Having signed the agreement, new owner has to submit transaction specifics to the revenue body.
Real estate investments in Romania are imposed by the following taxes and duties:
- property tax – 2–7 %, depending on property location and condition;
- notary fee – 3–7 % of property value.